PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- We must leverage our energy and commitment to embody the vision of the world that we want to see.
- Moved Out of the age of Celebrity and into the age of the citizen.
- Bring what you’ve been called to bring.
- I often hear you say that success is a “whole self” proposition, what do you mean when you say that?
- We compare ourselves to a standard to something that’s not real.
- Whole self proposition – to have the life you want you must be fully present and fully engaged.
- Motherhood and leadership go hand-in-hand.
- Resonance is in the realness.
- That which is deeply personal is that which is deeply universal.
- The path to contribution starts with getting real.
- Slow down your inner dialog to choose how to deal with your inner limiting beliefs.
- Process to transform:
- See it
- Acknowledge it
- Own it
- Forgive it
- Cleanse it
- Envision it
- Celebrate it
- Beliefs are cyclical and when your stuff comes up it’s a sign you’re growing.
- Themes of fears:
- I’m not good enough.
- I don’t know enough.
- What if I build it and no one comes?
- What if they attack me? (Fear of persecution)
- Am I going to have to lose certain relationships? (need to belong)
- Your vision, mission, purpose alignment is the truth of who you are – this is not open to discussion.
- Make peace with your ambition – reconcile the magnitude of you vision, with the depth of your willingness + the breath of your capacity and experience.
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Rha Goddess is the entrepreneurial coach behind breakthrough change makers, cultural visionaries and social entrepreneurs who are revolutionizing how we all live, work and play. Combining her hard-earned business savvy with her long-standing passion for social change, Rha founded Move The Crowd, an entrepreneurial training company dedicated to helping the next generation Stay True, Get Paid, and Do Good.
Artist. Activist. Social entrepreneur. From the onset of her more than 30-year career, Rha has drawn on the power of arts, culture and community to open people’s hearts and minds. As Founder and CEO of Divine Dime Entertainment, Ltd., she was one of the first women in Hip Hop to independently market and commercially distribute her music worldwide. In 2000, Essence Magazine recognized Rha as one of 30 Women to Watch in the new millennium. In 2002, BAM’s prestigious Next Wave festival’s NextNext series chose her as one of six artists deemed to be influential in the next decade.
Through her experiences, Rha has developed the innovative Arts Based Civic Transformation™ as a social change methodology that incorporates the integration of Arts and Culture, Personal Transformation and Empowerment, Inclusive Community Building and Engagement, and Social-Political Consciousness Raising and Action. The model is designed to leverage the power of creative and cultural strategies and experiences to transform the way individuals see themselves, their community and their society and to increase their capacity to approach pressing social issues from a place of vision, instead of identifying with the role of victim.
After years of living as an artist and activist, Rha realized that while her work was emotionally, creatively and spiritually fulfilling, it was not financially sustainable. As a turning point in her life and in her career, Rha realized she could do good and still get paid. After many seminars, workshops and conferences, Rha realized that the CEOs and renowned speakers weren’t speaking to her. They didn’t understand what it feels like to be a values-driven entrepreneur. It was here that Rha realized there was a need for a program that integrated community, career and life support, mentorship and leadership.
That’s when Rha created Move The Crowd. Based on an interdisciplinary curriculum of ‘True+Paid+Good’, Move The Crowd works with clients to leverage their unique creativity, strengths and passion into profitable ventures. Entrepreneurs emerge with the vision to move forward, the knowledge to up their game and the power to achieve their own flavor of success.
Through Move The Crowd, Rha has coached New York Times best-selling author Gabrielle Bernstein and Alisa Vitti of FloLiving, in addition to entrepreneurs like Reshma Saujani and hundreds of other leading changemakers. Rha credits Barbara Stanny and Sheree Stomberg as two of her personal business mentors and Grace Lee Boggs and Jodies Evans as social change mentors. Rha has studied the spiritual mindsets of such gurus as Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Louise Hay, in addition to the business skillset of Anthony Robbins, T. Harv Ekker, amongst others. Rha holds a Bachelor’s in Independent Studies with a dual major in Chemistry and Computer Science from Vassar College.
Rha has also lead the conversation around conscious entrepreneurship, speaking at respected venues such as LOHAS, SVN and TEDxBroadStreet.