PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- Children’s yoga looks very different than adult yoga – much more fun! Think wind in the trees
- Children are so alive and have a fresh perspective on life
- Well-being = balance in all areas of your life: physical, emotional, mental & spiritual health
- We all have a natural connection to source and a child’s connection is more pure
- Mira shares how to help kids learn to meditate (including toddlers) – mental hygiene
- Mantra – repetition of a sound or affirmation like Sat Nam “I am the truth”
- Even if you don’t know the correct pronunciation or what it means the key is intention
- Mudras – empowering, easy to use yoga for the fingers that helps them self-regulate
- Turtle in the shell (thumb wrapped by fingers) – grounding
- Pinky (water) + thumb = clear & effective communication
- Ring (fire) + thumb = positivity & intuition
- Middle (earth) + thumb = patience, discernment, focus & discipline
- Pointer (air) + thumb = clear & sharp mind
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Mira Binzen is a Yoga Life Stylist and registered Yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level (E-RYT, RCYT), a certified iRest Yoga Nidra teacher and a professional Integrative Yoga Therapist (1,000-hour level certificate). She holds a degree in Child Psychology from The University of Minnesota’s Institute of Child Development, with specialized study in Communication Disorders. She has been training people to teach yoga to children since 2002.