PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- Janet shares her experience growing up and knowing as an adolescent despite growing up in an alcoholic home. She had a spark of realization that there is more to life.
- She had a goose bump moment when revisiting her old diaries 15 years later and learned to have compassion for herself.
- Her transformative experience reading her journals inspired her to write My Diary Unlocked and create the website where others could share their own diary entries.
- We’re all connected, we have similar challenges and fears – “What is the most personal, is the most universal” Carl Rogers
- How real life diary entries teach us important life lessons.
- Everything boils down to Love or Fear.
- FEAR – Fragile Experience of Anxiety or Regret.
- Anxiety – focusing too much on the future, Regret – focusing too much on the past.
- Through her years of research and teaching, Janet created a Compass to navigate through the path to personal power.
- She walks us through her “Freeing Your BEING Compass”
- Natural Self
- Genius Mind
- A diary entry of a teen struggling with alcohol abuse to cover up her feelings really stands out for Janet.
- The key is acknowledging the part within yourself that hasn’t been listened to by yourself or others.
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Janet Larson, MS is the author of the award-winning book, My Diary Unlocked: Stories of Teen Girls Heal the Inner Adolescent of Our Soul, and its companion – Diary: The Answers Are Within.
Janet has facilitated empowerment workshops and self-esteem enhancing trainings for audiences ranging from girls and women to management executives. Her message is to share her path of learning that the key to happiness arises from authentic self-acceptance.
- Website: http://www.mydiaryunlocked.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/mydiaryunlocked
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/mydiaryunlocked
- Get Janet’s book and companion journal