PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- Self-care is vital to be effective and present, we can’t be the women, the wives, the mothers we want to be
- How well you take care of yourself affects the passion and intimacy you have with your partner
- Clarity around personal boundaries
- How do you schedule your time?
- Dealing with guilt – choosing self over others
- Follow the guilt + allow it to be a guidepost that you’re doing something for you
- How to say no:
- Don’t answer right away – give yourself time to process the request
- Thank them
- Honor their request
- You don’t have to give a reason why
- Have a filter: Stick to your calendar. Don’t double book out of guilt
- “Thanks so much for asking, let me think about that, I’ll get back to you tomorrow.”
- “Thank you so much for thinking of me, it just doesn’t work for me right now” and end with silence.
- “Can you email me so I can check my calendar and I’ll let you know.”
- It feels great to be able to help someone – you allow someone to have that experience when you ask for help.
- Examples asking for help:
- “Can you clean the kitchen, because I just cooked dinner and I’m feeling…”
- “I’m going to take a bath, can you finish cleaning?”
- Expand your definition of what support means. Know where your point of overwhelm is and practice asking for help.
- Not sure what to ask for: If your friend came to ask you for this would you say yes?
- Who’s in your circle of support? How can you cultivate those relationships?
- Don’t try to use someone else’s template for calendaring. Consciously design your week, month, year.
- Questions to ask yourself:
- When do I feel like I’m most creative?
- What ways do I love to communicate with people?
- How do I like to work?
- What nourishes me?
- When am I in the flow?
- If you’re feeling out of alignment, it’s time for more self-care
- Ignoring the daily divine nudges – start listening to the small acts of creation
- Paris Letters – Janice McCloud
- The Big Leap – Gay Hendricks
- Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less – Greg McKeown
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Elena Lipson has spent nearly 15 years in corporate training, online sales, blogging and social media. Elena believes that the most powerful change you can make in your life is to learn to tune-in to your own inner wise voice and embrace ALL of you…including your inner-most calling and dreams.
Through this journey, she cultivated a passion for the amazing healing power of self-care and connecting with intuitive voice to inform your life, your personal brand and your business.