PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
The 8 promises to stop sabotage and how we can use them in our life.
- Accept your imperfections – “I’m perfectly imperfect” – Accept yourself as a whole person.
- Always do your best – “My best is always good enough” – Focus on being the best you can be.
- Stop comparing yourself to others – “I have no need to see myself as more than or less than anyone else” – Remember all you’re seeing is what someone wants to show you.
- Believe in your potential – “I fully expect myself to have a happy and fulfilling life.” – Live in the moment.
- Silence your inner critic – “I only welcome thoughts that support and encourage me.” – Tell your inner critic to “Shut Up!”
- Challenge yourself – “I’m brave and I’m willing to step outside of my comfort zone.” – Practice doing things that are a bit uncomfortable.
- Stop making excuses – “I take full responsibility for who I am and the life that I live.” – Consistently make choices that support your self-esteem.
- Love yourself – “I always treat myself with love and respect.” – Treat yourself like you treat the most important people in your life.
- What is happiness and why are so many people having a hard time finding it?
- How perfectionism sets us up for dissatisfaction, frustration, disappointment.
- Why it can be harder for women to be happy than men
- How to get out of the cycle of fear – Document your fears and concerns.
- 1st column – things you have influence over
- 2nd column – you don’t have influence over
- 3rd column – how do I intend to influence this? What action will I take?
- Never speak to yourself more harshly than you would to a small child. You are the guardian of your self esteem.
- Entrepreneurs – The key is always do your best!
- PatternsDomonique have noticed with successful business people.
- Never doubted it was possible – always assumed they would be successful.
- Never intended to have a large vision – continued to seize opportunities as they showed up.
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Domonique is a happiness expert and the closely guarded secret behind some of the country’s most successful people. She is the author of six books including the international best-seller, The Happiness Code: ten keys to being the best you can be and her advice has been seen, read or heard by more than ten million people. Her latest book, The Kindness Pact: 8 promises to make you feel good about who you are and the life you live is out now.
Domonique is here to show you, not just how to get the life you want, but how to make sure you love the life you’ve got.
Happiness is Domonique’s life’s work. As she says, ‘It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it!’