PART I: INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
- When women gather “shift happens”!
- We all have a least one inner mean girl who bullies us.
- Self bullying is when we do acts that aren’t in our best interest, we sabotage our own well-being, judge ourselves and think we’re not good enough.
- When we name it, we can take back our power.
- We cover up our anxieties, fears and not feeling good enough with masks that everything is ‘GREAT’
- Women took on more but nothing was taken off their plate + our support systems eroded over time.
- PINK HIGHLIGHTER – Leading your life from the Divine Feminine ROCKS!!
- Feminine Superpowers
- The change we need to make is on the inside. You are encoded with a unique purpose. It often looks different from what conventional wisdom says.
- Christine share’s an awesome story how trusting her intuition despite “reality” and a new job lined up for her.
- Signs we are suffering from self-bullying.
- Some of the most common Archetypes of Inner Mean Girls are:
- Comparison Queen – comparison with others who are ‘better’ or farther along than you.
- Perfectionist – “If it’s not perfect, it doesn’t count” Giving way too much energy to make it perfect or discounting when it’s not ‘perfect’. Anecdote – Ask yourself “What would enough look like?”
- Worry wort
- Good girl – makes you say ‘YES’ when you know you should say ‘NO’.
- Achievement Junkie – the bar keeps getting raised.
- Feminine way of creation – like making a stew. Keep adding ingredients and it gets better and better.
- Christine’s first Inner mean girl that she identified – Mean Patty, she’s a Comparison Queen and was born in high school.
- Your Inner Mean Girl is sparked from a place of fear, shame, blame, unworthy, unlovable, or out of control and is just trying to protect you. She eventually starts to sabotage you.
- You can transform the ‘evil’ skills of your Inner mean girl to help you instead.
- Anecdote for the Comparison Queen – turn into self-love through inspiration. Christine’s C.Q. became her talent scout.
- The Comparison Queen + Achievement Junkie + Perfectionist love hanging out together.
- PINK HIGHLIGHTER – Nothing is more important than to cultivate the spiritual practice of connecting to and hearing your inner divine wisdom + trust and follow your heart and soul.
What was your favorite insight from this episode? Share it with us in the AG Insiders Community!
PART II: MEMBERS EXPERIENCEThis content is for premium members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Want full access to the members’ premium experience? UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP today!
About the Guest:
Christine Arylo is a transformational teacher, internationally recognized speaker and best-selling author of the official self-love guidebook, Madly in Love with ME, the Daring Adventure to Becoming Your Own Best Friend. After earning her MBA from Kellogg and climbing the corporate ladder for fifteen years, she chose to devote her life to creating a new reality for people, one based on self-love, feminine power and freedom instead of the relentless pursuit of having to do, be and have it all.
A self-admitted recovering achievement junkie and doing addict, Christine left her cushy executive lifestyle in 2006 to found an international self-love movement dedicated to making self-love a tangible reality. She is the author of the go-to book on love and relationships, Choosing ME before WE, and co-founder of a virtual self-love school, Inner Mean Girl Reform School, that has helped over 25,000 people reform their inner critics into inner super heroes. Her dedication earned her the affectionate title, ‘The Queen of Self-Love.’
Christine has been featured on CBS, ABC, FOX, WGN, E!, in the Huffington Post, Beliefnet, and on radio shows, spas, conferences and stages around the world, including TEDx. In 2013, Christine and her partner Noah sold their house in California so they could live, love and work from anywhere. Their nomadic travels have taken them all over the world.